RIDGID is a global manufacturer of more than 300 dependable and innovative tools, trusted by the professional trades in over 140 countries. RIDGID products are designed to help professionals in the demanding commercial, industrial and energy markets install and maintain the world’s infrastructure with greater certainty and efficiency. Headquartered in Elyria, Ohio, RIDGID is a business unit of Emerson™, a global innovator in technology and engineering. In Denmark Ridgid is based in Karlslunde. Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide.
As Nordic Sales Area Manager you are responsible for managing a team of 6 outside salesmen and 3 customer service reps, developing the business and providing sustainable growth in the Nordics. Together with your sales team, you will plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contacts to achieve the agreed business goals. You are responsible for defining the sales strategy and for the yearly business planning process to maximize the RIDGID sales in distribution networks and diversified end-users in different market like plumbing, HVAC, contractors in sprinkler, infrastructure, mining, drain cleaning and electrical business. You are responsible for the yearly contract negotiations with the channel partners. You will report to the EMEA HQ (based in Belgium).
• Lead an inside and outside sales team
• End responsibility for Nordic sales performance
• Yearly contract negotiations with channel partners
• Develop sales and business plans with channel partners in order to achieve targets.
• Follow up on all sales-leads and offers.
• Maintain the relations with existing channel partners & end-users in the targeted segments and maintain a feeling for the local market needs.
• Use customer and prospect contact activities, tools and systems (RIDGID 360 CRM)
• Explore new opportunities based on continuous market analysis
Required qualifications and experience
• Preferably a master degree or equivalent by experience
• Experience with key account management and negotiations is a must
• At least a first experience in a leadership role and proven sales experience in the development of a distribution network in a similar international B2B environment.
• Basic technical understanding and skills.
• Excellent negotiator
• Strong in building relationships
• Good people manager
• Competent and confident; ability to adapt to company culture in order to achieve results and maintain effectiveness & efficiency.
• Self-starter, sales driven result-oriented with a positive approach and a clear focus on high quality sales, customer satisfaction & loyalty.
• Strategic thinker
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and fluent in English and computer literacy. Knowledge of one or more Scandinavian languages is an asset.
• Action oriented & hands-on
• Good presentation skill and capable of establishing good relations with customers in different levels.
• No obstacle to travel domestically & internationally
Contact and application
For further information please contact Recruitment Manager Jette Martens on tel. +45 45902800.
Please register your basic data and upload application and CV as ONE document, preferable pdf. We look forward to hearing from you.